Is The Cloud Right For Your Business In A Post-COVID World?
Just because the cloud is popular doesn’t mean it’s the right call for your business. Parkway Tech can help you make an informed decision, assessing your needs and matching them to the right solution (cloud-based or otherwise).
Have you harnessed the power offered by the right cloud service yet?
Day by day, more and more business leaders are recognizing the advantages offered by the cloud. Just last year, the average company had 83% of its workload in the cloud.
Hesitation is understandable, however, because the cloud can be extremely complicated. From the nature of the cloud to its many applications and features, you could spend weeks trying to evaluate options for your organization and still be lost.
Here’s the truth—depending on your business’s specific needs, the cloud may not be right for you. That’s why you need a reliable partner like Parkway Tech that can help you make an informed decision.
Download Parkway’s Guide To Cloud Services In A Post-Covid World
Parkway Tech Helps Client Make The Right Choice
In order to help you make the most informed decision possible when it comes to the cloud, the Parkway Tech team can perform a cost comparison of the two options:
- Onsite Infrastructure Upgrade: Local hardware is far more expensive upfront, and would need to be replaced in 3-5 years. This arrangement would require you to purchase licenses and hardware, and pay for installation and management services.
- Cloud-Based Infrastructure: While the startup costs are not nearly as high, the month-to-month maintenance and labor expenses are greater. This arrangement also requires a much more robust Internet connection to ensure cloud resources can be reached. The fact is that, in reviewing both options over the course of a 3-5 year runway, the costs become roughly equal. The real difference is in what the cloud has to offer, and whether that is aligned with your needs.
What Value Does The Cloud Offer You?
- OpEx > CapEx: Whereas Capital Expenditures (CapEx), on-premise IT solutions, are paid for upfront and see a gradual return over the following months and years, Operating Expenses (OpEx) are “pay-as-you-go”. You only pay for the cloud month by month, which vastly reduces the window between investment and return.
- High-Level Support: IT doesn’t just mean hardware and software — you need the right people too. With the cloud, you benefit from an expert team of technicians working Tier 2 support and above to ensure the cloud services you rely on are functioning properly around the clock.
- Safe And Inexpensive: Security can be difficult to manage because, as important as it is, it’s often just as expensive. However, with the right cloud solution, you only pay a small monthly fee to gain access to enterprise-level security solutions offered to all other clients on the platform. That said, if you plan to bring your staff back to the office once it’s safe to do so, the cloud may not be right for you. It’s especially well-suited to support your ongoing remote work model.
Why Is The Remote Work Model Beneficial?
Like all remote models supported by the cloud, hosting your data remotely and having your staff access it remotely delivers a number of key advantages when compared to the conventional in-office working model.
- Minimal Maintenance: By hosting a user’s software, applications, and data externally in another organization’s server room or data center, the onus of maintenance is shifted to that organization. Instead of having to maintain server space, execute updates and patches, address and eliminate issues, replace failed hardware, and other tasks associated with maintenance, someone else takes care of it all.
- Convenient Access: A hallmark of cloud solutions, one of the key advantages of utilizing remotely hosted solutions is that it allows for easy, anywhere access to software, applications, and data.
- Cost Effect: Accessing software via a remote hosting service is undeniably more affordable because it allows the user to avoid costly software licenses that are based on a concurrent user model.
Need Expert Assistance To Evaluate The Cloud For Your Business?
The Parkway Tech team is available to help you figure out the right course of action for your business. If it’s right for your business, we work with you to assess, design, implement, and support cloud computing while reducing IT capital costs and increasing employee productivity.
Our team will define business and technology requirements before we recommend a cloud strategy. We will work with your business and IT services leaders to help compare costs over time and determine what role cloud computing should play in your plans.
Parkway Tech can assess the business value and business impact before presenting you with a customized cloud strategy. As part of this assessment, we will make sound recommendations on public, private, or hybrid cloud environments that are the best fit for your business.
Parkway Tech Helps Clients Harness Every Benefit Offered By The Cloud
Do you need help determining whether the cloud is right for you? Get in touch with our team to get started today.