Are You Unsatisfied With Your Current Winston-Salem IT Company?
Is your current IT services company meeting your expectations? Have you been weighing your options? Don’t settle for anything less than the best IT support.
We rely on technology for almost everything. Our professional lives are no exception. Virtually every department in your organization needs a safe, reliable network for its daily functions. The same goes for both large and small businesses across industries.
No matter how advanced or expensive your technology is, you still need quality IT services to support it. To leverage maximum benefit from your IT investments, you need a managed IT services provider (MSP) you can depend on. That said, we understand that switching MSPs can be daunting.
Over the years we’ve been providing reliable IT solutions to companies throughout North Carolina, we’ve noticed a common theme. Many of the company representatives we met with were dissatisfied with their MSPs. However, even after suffering a host of chronic IT issues for a while, they never switched IT Companies. Why? Well, according to them, the hassle of switching technology partners was not worth it. After all, once you’ve seen one MSP, you’ve seen them all, right? That’s completely wrong.
At Parkway Tech, we’ve worked with many businesses like yours. We know from experience that partnering with an unreliable MSP is much more challenging than switching IT partners. Poor IT services expose your network to a range of threats, aside from holding back your company’s growth. You can’t afford to work with IT support that isn’t up to the task. But we realize that the transition process presents its share of challenges.
To help you ease your way through the switch, our team assembled this article. As a leading IT services provider, we endeavor to educate business decision-makers so they can identify the best IT support. Just like any other business decision, you need to make a well-informed choice.
In this article, we discuss some critical considerations before switching IT services companies.
When Should You Switch IT Companies?
If you’re reading this, you probably have your concerns. Just in case you missed some of the warning signs, we crafted a list of questions to help you evaluate your IT Company.
- How Long Do You Have to Wait For Support? You lose precious income whenever your business operations are interrupted by an IT problem. It would help if you didn’t have to chase down your MSP for days before returning your calls. Your IT support is supposed to respond swiftly with a timely solution.
- How Often Do You Call For Help? What good is a responsive MSP if you have to call a technician in again a few days later? As long as your IT support doesn’t provide long-term solutions, your business will still experience regular interruptions. If you’re experiencing frustratingly long downtimes, your MSP might be providing “solutions” that only address the symptom rather than the root of the problem. If that’s the case, you can be sure it won’t be long before you call your MSP again.\
- Are You Familiar With Your IT Team? Is there a revolving door at your IT Company? Maybe they have a high turnover rate. Whatever the case, a lack of familiarity hinders your IT support team from fully satisfying your unique needs. To offer the highest standard of IT support, your MSP should assign your business to a team of technicians conversant with your organization and your industry.
- Are You Paying For Unnecessary Services? The field of IT is not only broad, but it also advances very quickly. It’s your technology partner’s role to keep you abreast of all the emerging trends in IT. However, they shouldn’t use this as an excuse to sell you services you don’t need. For every new technology they suggest, your IT partner needs to explain its potential benefits to your company and the predicted timelines.
How Do You Choose the Right IT Services Company?
Making the right call ultimately boils down to asking critical questions. But that’s easier said than done.
We realize only you can come up with questions that will address your particular demands. Nevertheless, we crafted this list to act as a thought-starter:
- How Familiar Are They With Your Industry? Don’t just settle for general IT services. It would be best if you only worked with an IT company with experience supporting businesses in your industry. Aside from being aware of your needs, they can also advise you on strategic IT investments.
- What’s Their Data Backup and Recovery Plan? You can’t escape the occasional hardware glitch or technology failure. It’s your MSP’s job to ensure your crucial data and applications remain secure by having a reliable backup and recovery plan. This means multiple backups in different locations (in a cloud environment and on-site). A robust plan will help you minimize unnecessary disruptions and increase uptimes.
- How Often Do They Test Backups? Even a good backup plan needs to be tested and verified at least twice a week.
- Do Their Staff Have Recent Qualifications? A reliable MSP will ensure their technicians are regularly trained to keep up with the latest technologies.
- Would They Map Your Network? A network map is a comprehensive, written record of your network. A clear network map is convenient as it brings together all the information you need to find your way around your IT.
- Do They Offer Round-the-clock Support? Hackers stay on the job 24/7/365, and so should your IT partner. That includes weekends and holidays too.
Ready to Outsource Reliable IT Support For Your Winston-Salem Business?
At Parkway Tech, we are ready to provide clear answers to these and any other questions you have. You need a North Carolina IT company that knows how to get the job done.
Contact us now to get started.
You should always consult a doctor or pharmacist. buy viagra online malaysia You can take these drugs short term for a few weeks to help regain your confidence, especially for men who have been alone for a long time and need to regain some confidence to find a new partner taking medication for psychological problems.
Written by Chris Michalec posted on September 13, 2020
If you are thinking of switching IT companies but aren’t sure where to start, contact us now.
With the rapid shift in employees working from home being the new normal, how is your organization adapting to these changes? Have you been left confused and worried that you’ll fall behind or have significant new expenses when you can least afford them? As some things begin to return to normal, more organizations are being challenged by social distancing requiring massive reconfigurations in office space and employees enjoying the freedom of working from home. Let’s be clear – things aren’t going back to the way they were just a few months ago anytime soon. But your organization doesn’t have to be fearful about these changes. There are many key benefits that you can leverage to not just survive but grow during these challenging times.