How Hard Is It to Switch IT Companies?
Switching IT companies comes with several risks. You need to ensure it is successful. Do you want to learn how hard the process is? This article will help you learn how you can ensure the change is successful.
A business life-changing event may cause the intent to switch IT companies. For example, you may notice that your current IT company can no longer satisfy your IT needs. You may also have frustrations with your current provider.
How hard is it to switch IT companies?
Switching IT companies is a massive project. Your IT company has administrative access to your network. They may also provide the IT support that your operations need. Be strategic as you switch IT companies to avoid IT support failure risks.
Clients often ask Parkway Tech how difficult it is to switch IT companies and what they can do to minimize the risks. Parkway Tech provides top-ranking IT services and support. This article will help you discover how hard it is to change IT companies and simplify the process.
Watch our latest video to discover how hard it is to switch IT companies:
How Hard Is It to Switch IT Companies?
Many people dread changing IT companies. They worry about the process because they know there are some risks involved. For example, you may have service gaps when switching IT companies.
Switching IT companies can be a manageable process. It will be a straightforward exercise if you mitigate the risks, follow a plan, and get help from experts.
Potential Risks When Switching IT Companies: Are there risks when switching IT companies?
You may face some risks when switching IT companies. These obstacles may include:
- You May Have Service Gaps: Service gaps may arise when you did not account for the time the new provider takes to know your system and offer support. You may not have someone to help you if you experience challenges, and you already let your IT company go.
- Your System May Have Unidentified Backdoors: Unidentified backdoors can be a problem, especially if the outgoing IT company is not happy with the change. They may use the access to harm you, such as delete your data or configure your network without authorization.
- You May Lose Data: The outgoing IT company can delete or edit your data as retaliation for the change, and the lost data can affect your operations. For example, you may struggle to contact your clients if the outgoing IT company erases their contact information.
- You May Not Switch to a Good IT Company: There is a risk of not switching to a good IT company, mostly if you do not research it before the change. Switching to an indifferent or a worse IT company can cause frustrations. You may also not get the IT support you need to attain your targets.
Are you worried about these risks?
It is okay to have concerns about these obstacles, but you can overcome them. Know that you are switching to a good IT company and follow a comprehensive plan to avoid these risks.
Signs of a Good IT Company: How can you know you are dealing with a good IT company?
You may deal with a good IT company if you notice these signs.
- The IT Company Prioritizes Cybersecurity: An IT company prioritizes cybersecurity if it has reliable plans to protect a network, and keeps up with changing threats to reduce vulnerabilities. You need an IT company offering sensible cybersecurity, as it will help you avoid the effects of breaches, such as downtimes, data loss, and financial losses.
- The IT Company Provides Proactive IT Support: An IT company offers visionary support if it plans to service your network, and it will identify opportunities for IT investments. You need an IT company that provides proactive support, as it will identify issues before they cause substantial losses and help you enjoy innovations.
- The IT Company Will Ensure Compliance: An IT company that will ensure adherence to the qualifications your infrastructure needs to know regulations affecting your setup and will help you comply with them. You need an IT company that will ensure compliance, as it will help you avoid penalties, such as fines and suspensions of your licenses.
- An IT Company Offers Affordable Services: An IT company offers cheap support if its prices are within an acceptable range from the industry averages. You need an IT company offering inexpensive services, as it will keep your IT expenses low.
- The IT Company Will Be Reachable: An IT company will be reachable if it provides active communication channels, such as email support, a ticket system, and telephone numbers. You need an IT company that you can contact to avoid frustrations and some losses.
- The IT Company Has Experts: Checking the IT company’s staff before hiring them can tell you if they have specialists. An IT company should have professionals, such as cybersecurity specialists, data analysts, and network administrators. These experts will help you when you need them, so you will not have to look for other IT personnel.
- The IT Company Knows Your Industry: Checking the existing clients an IT company has and their reviews can tell you if it understands your industry. Working with an IT company familiar with your sector can ensure you get the support you need to achieve your goals.
Steps to Follow When Switching IT Companies: Follow these steps when switching companies.
- Do not end your arrangement with the outgoing IT company before choosing a new IT company and getting their services.
- Get administrative privileges to your network and a master list of all login credentials.
- Ask the new IT company to do a security review of your network and fix any backdoors.
- Cancel IT support from the outgoing IT company when you get services from the new IT company.
- Communicate the changes and new protocols to stakeholders, such as your employees.
Parkway Tech provides strategic IT solutions to organizations. Our services include cybersecurity, cloud technologies, and managed IT services.
We can help you switch IT companies. Our experts will help you have a simple and successful IT company change.
Are You Ready to Switch IT Companies?
Contact us today and let us help make the switch a success.